Annual verification of membership of dependents in ECHS by submission of Life Certificate and Eligibility documents by Principal Beneficiaries
The central organization is ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
MoD (Army), Timaiah Marg,
Near Gopinath Circle,
Delhi Cantt- 110 010
October 26, 2022
ANNUAL VERIFICATION OF ECCS MEMBERSHIP OF DEPENDENTS BY SUBMISSION OF PRINCIPAL BENEFICIARY CERTIFICATE OF LIFE AND DOCUMENTS
1. See the following:-
(a) Central Organization letter No. B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 06 July 2022.
(b) Central Organization letter No. B/497171-NSC/AG/ECHS dated July 27, 2022.
2. Detailed procedure for annual validation of ECHS membership of dependents above 18 years of age (excluding spouse) has been published by reference. Based on the feedback from the environment, several additional features have been added to the software, including changes in deadlines, to ensure adequate time for beneficiaries to receive and upload the necessary documents. Details are provided in the following paragraphs.
3. Cases that have already been rejected. All beneficiaries whose eligibility has been rejected by the concerned Parent Polyclinic of ICU on the basis of 26AS/|TR/other uploaded documents will get another online opportunity to appeal to the Director of the concerned Regional Centre. In such cases, the ESM/Principal Beneficiary will get an interactive window for rejection cases for uploading of Form 26AS/ITR/other authorized documents, which after uploading will be visible directly to the Regional Center of the concerned Director for review. If the uploaded documents meet the eligibility criteria, the Regional Center Director will approve or reject the application. In case of rejection, the 64 KB ECHS card of the concerned dependent will be blocked from the date of completion of one year or from the date of rejection or effective date.
4, Cases to be approved by the parents polyclinic of OKU. ICU Polyclinics will have three options as given below in respect of all primary beneficiaries who have uploaded documents for validation and pending ICU decision:-
(a) Lock up. OKU Parents polyclinic checks the uploaded documents and if satisfied, press the button “Accepted” tab 64 KB Approval of right to extend validity of ECHS Card for one more year from the date of annual validation.
(b) Returned with observation. If OKU Parents Polyclinic determines that the uploaded documents are incorrect, then “Return with Observation” tab, the eligibility check will be reversed with the option to resubmit the correct documents to the ESM/Principal Beneficiary. In such cases, the ESM/Principal Beneficiary shall re-submit the required documents and after uploading shall be visible to the Regional Center Director. If the required documents are submitted before the card blocking date, the card will remain functional/active until the documents are reviewed by the Regional Center Director. If the required documents are not submitted before the card blocking date, the card will be blocked according to the scheduled blocking date. Once the documents are submitted and approved, the card becomes active and blocked if rejected.
(c) It was rejected and sent to the district headquarters. After the OCU Parent Polyclinic verifies that the uploaded documents are correct and determines that the dependent beneficiary does not meet the eligibility criteria, the OCU Polyclinic may apply. Pass “Rejected and forwarded to Regional Dir for review Center’ and send it to Deer Regional Center for reconsideration/rejection.
After that, the application will appear to the Director of the respective Regional Center for the first review. Based on the uploaded documents, the Dir Regional Center approves or rejects the verification of documents. If it is rejected by the Dir Regional Center, the card will be blocked.
5. Blocking of ECHS cards. ECHS cards will be blocked on the date of annual validation once they are rejected by the Parents Polyclinic of ICU. However, the ECHS cards will be unblocked if the Dir Regional Center approves the application at the first hearing as per clause 4 (c) above.
6. Beneficiary with new PAN card. According to feedback received from the environment, az ESM/Principal Beneficiaries will not receive Income Certificate from State Revenue Department and now processed the applications for preparation of their PAN cards. However, in such cases, since the PAN card is new, Form 26AS will be generated from the date of production of the PAN card. Hence, the following two documents are uploaded in the following sequence:-
(a) Self-attested copy of PAN card duly attesting the date of issue of PAN card.
(b) Self-attested Form 26AS, generated for new PAN card for the current financial year.
7. The above will also apply to all dependents who turn 18 on or after January 1, 2020.
8. The Director of Parent Polyclinic or Regional Center of ICU approves/rejects ECHS membership based on eligibility as per the above documents.
9. Implementation date. The new enhanced software will be launched by October 31, 2022. Blocking of invalid cards will now be implemented from January 1, 2023 to facilitate uploading of all pending cases and submission for annual validation.
10. The contents of this letter are requested to be circulated widely for the information of all ECHS beneficiaries. All Regional Centers ensure that all polyclinics under their jurisdiction are provided with primary information.
MD for ECHS
Applications: – Annual verification of ECHS membership of dependents by submission of life certificate – 24.07.2022
Click here to view/download the PDF