The current fiscal year is coming to an end on March 31st, and several money-oriented tasks will also expire. The deadline for filing delayed or revised Income Tax Return (ITR), PAN-Aadhaar linking, bank account KYC, demat and trading account KYC will also end on March 31, 2022 and those with income are advised to fill it on or before the same date. term.
Read more: What happens if you miss the March 31st deadline for filing the return?
So that earners don’t miss deadlines, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tasks to complete on or before March 31, 2022:
1. Late or Revised ITR Filing: The deadline for filing belated income tax returns for FY 2020-21 or AY 2021-22 is March 31. Taxpayers cannot submit it after this deadline.
Read more: How to File Income Tax Return | Step-by-step instructions, necessary documents
2. PAN-Aadhaar Linkage: If you don’t want your PAN or Permanent Account Number to become inactive or invalid, link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card by March 31, 2022. Carrying invalid PAN card ₹1000 fine.
3. Bank Account KYC Update: In view of the growing threat of omicron, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the last date for updating bank account KYC from December 21, 2021 to March 31, 2022, Livemint reported. Bank account holders can avoid the risk of their accounts being frozen by completing their KYC updates on or before March 31.
4. Linking small savings schemes with bank account/post office savings: The Department of Posts recently issued a circular stating that interest on MIS/SCSS/TD accounts will be credited to account holder’s PO Savings Account or Bank Account from April 2022 onwards only. Account holders will need to link the small savings scheme with their post office account. and bank account to continue receiving interest loan on time till the end of this financial year.
5. KYC of Demat and Trading Account: As per the SEBI circular issued in April 2021, share depositories of NSDL and CDSL must ensure that name, address, PAN, valid mobile number, valid email ID and income range are updated in their current demat and trading accounts. KYC deadline for demat and trading account is also March 31.