More than 50% of professionals in food and nutrition India Visionary people rediscovering their cultural roots through food, reveals ‘Godrej Food Status Report 2022’
MUMBAI, India, May 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The fifth edition of Godrej’s food series was unveiled by Mr. Nadir GodrejChairman and Chief Executive Officer, Godrej Industries Limited in front of who is the owner of the culinary space and India. Launched as an annual initiative in 2018, the Godrej Foods Trends Report 2022 – Collector’s Edition, saw the gathering of 200+ opinion leaders including renowned food leaders, household heads, professional chefs, food bloggers, health professionals, media professionals, mixologists, nutritionists. , restaurateurs, sommeliers, food producers, and others, all of whom share deep insights about their areas of expertise.
Some key findings for 2022 are:
- Culture is rediscovering: 55.6% of the culinary panel predicts a growing desire among people to rediscover cultural roots through food. In the same way, the curiosity about food culture will see people try other foods that are not their own according to 50.8% expert panel.
- Food – With a healthy focus, 55.6% predicted a millet-based diet would be desired
- Eating in – The building will be transferred and will go up. More than 80% of the panel predicts that consumers will rely on locally sourced food from trusted sources
- Eating – Eating for quality will improve food choices in restaurant menus. 50% of the panel chose Mountain Cuisine’s Indiaand 48.4% qualified for an in-depth analysis of North East food.
- Health and life hygiene: Food security will be a focus in 2022. 70.8% of the panel considered the need for clean, processed meat and seafood from reliable sources. While 45% of the panel predicts a rise in the use of household pest relief, cleaning and hygiene products
- Fat food: The consumption and conversion of fat in food will be an important discussion in 2022, more than 80% of our panel finds unprocessed oil popular. While 71% predict the gourmet premium gee category will grow
- TEACHING: 61.7% of the panel predicts desserts with better health claims will win, in the home and dining menus. 57.4% predict equal, controlled desserts will be popular. India Mikhail will see a mark of more than 40% of the panel expecting a growing sense of pride in tradition, Indian sweets and smithies at home and 50% predicting a rise in popularity for Gourmet Mikhail from the factory (a high-end option for traditional Indian sweets).
- A drink: India Don’t miss out on Gourmet Indian Coffee. 70% of expert groups predict Gourmet Indian coffee as the main focus in 2022 in the non-alcoholic beverage sector, while more than 50% see Gourmet Indian from the popular coffee/tea craft at home.
- Food studies: More than 55% of the panel sees people investing in documenting food heritage while 64.1% of experts will invest in specialization in hospitality programs (meg. specialization in Wines, Ideology, Breads, etc .)
Speaking on the Godrej Foods Trends Report, Tanya Dubash – Executive Director & Chief Brand managerGodrejsaid, “I am delighted to present the 2022 Collector’s Edition of Godrej Food Trends Report. The aim is to bring together the best figures from the food industry to follow the emerging trends in the food space.”
He continued, adding, “According to the findings, 2022 will be about knowing how to eat for good. Some of the other important trends that have emerged show the discovery of our culinary roots, being supporting the community, taking pride in all things Indian. The focus. will be on traditional food systems, wisdom from food practices, and building a connection with what we eat.”
Rushina Munshaw Ghildiyal, Managing Director, Whole Foods Consulting and Editor of Godrej Foods Trends Report 2022said, “Over the past 5 years, the Godrej Food Trends Report has grown in depth, footprint and length, every year. The pandemic has revolutionized the global food industry. But it has also shaped the future exciting for Indian food. Both domestically and internationally. The change in global perception around Indian food, resulting in its earlier confusion, is reflected in the new global research section of the report.”
Adding further, he said, “2022, will be about understanding the rich culinary heritage and growing pride in our culinary identity. We see that culinary studies will be part of the great investment in the new sector and Food Studies intends to follow. and say this. But what makes the edition of the collection of Godrej Food Trends Report 2022 special is the series of Culinary Deep-dives that you will find in each section! Church has grown stronger in the past 5 years and highlights topics such as the rise of Desi Vegetables, Chicken Food, Indian Coffee, Mithai, Traditional Kitchen, Forward Plant Food, and Indian Ferments.”
Godrej Food Trends Report 2022 – the complete 95-page publication is available for download at www.vikhrolicucina.com.
History of Godrej Industries Limited and charts are available on our website
Godrej Industries Ltd. is part of the Godrej group, one of the leading business groups in India and is in the business of Oleochemicals, surfactants, finance & investment and land management. He has a great interest in many industries including property development, oil crops, animal feed and agri-products, poultry, personal care and family care, etc., through his subsidiaries, associated companies and joints.
For more information, visit https://www.godrejindustries.com
History of Godrej Industries Ltd.